Tuesday 17 February 2015

Wood Grain Embossing folder Frame

 Hello folks!  I had so much fun making this photo frame for the recent launch of the new texture embossing folders by Crafter's Companion.  The photo is of my friend Helen (whose birthday it is today *waves*) and me!
 I lightly painted over some Kraft Cardstock with white gesso and little touches of  pebeo iridescent blue green acrylic paint. I then embossed it using the Wood Grain Embossing folder and mitred the corners to create the frame.  I lightly went over with some walnut stain distress ink to bring out the grain. 
I created the beautiful flower using the Wild Rose die set by Sheena Douglass.  I die cut the flower and leaves out of more Kraft Cardstock ( the dies cut effortlessly) I painted them with more of the iridescent acrylics and gave them a quick blast from my heat gun to dry before shaping each layer and adhering with my trusty hot melt glue gun.  The leaves and vines are from the same set and created in the same way.  For the centre of the flower I just added a huge blob of collall glue gel and covered it with glitter.  Finally I die cut the sentiment from funky foam and covered that with glitter too.   
Ciao for now!
Sandra xx

No comments: