Saturday 28 June 2014

Merly Impressions Summer 2014 Retreat

 Hi Folks!  Last weekend I was fortunate enough to go to the Merly Impressions Summer retreat.  I had an amazing time with crafty friends old and new.  This is one of the layout kits (designed by Pam Thorburn) which uses the Kaisercraft 'Blubelle' collection.  I've popped Pam's original page towards the end of this post.
 I decided that I would use my new 'Heartfelt Creations' flower stamps and dies for this page.  I stamped, die cut, inked, shaped and layered up the flowers.  I cut the final layer from glitter cardstock and added gems. I also added glitter to the die cut leaves.  
Here is another close up of another flower I made for the page.  I cut the swirls from glitter cardstock and was grateful to borrow the decorative border punch from Linda.  You can just about see the doilies (Clearly Besotted stamps) I stamped on the base layer.  If you would like to see any of these photos in more detail, you can click on the image to enlarge it.
Above is Pam's original class page.  I only managed to complete 3 out of the 5 layout kits that I had for the weekend.  Hoping I'll find some time over the summer holidays to complete the others.  I have to admit that I still have last years photo box to make!!
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

No comments: