Monday 13 August 2012

An altered box

 Hello folks!!  Here's a little work in progress I had to share with you.  I treated myself to a new face cream and the little box it came in was begging to be decorated... and I did just that!
 I covered the box with grey card (all edges inked of course).  I made slightly smaller panels for each face with spotty backing paper.  The smallest panels on each face measures 2 x 2 inches and on these I stamped the fancy cogs from Sam Poole's Steam Punk Dreams stamp set.
You can see the embossing clearly on the photo above.  I used Cosmic Shimmer Ultra thick embossing crystals - Arctic black.  The little flying embellishments are also stamped from the set.  I used an embossing tool to shape them in the palm of my hand.
 The butterfly wings that I adhered to the side of Isabelle's photo are also from the stamp set.... it's the whole butterfly that I sliced in half.
 The Arctic black embossing powder is two toned.  Above you can see it has shades of green...
 .... and here more shades of purples and reds.  You can also see how much dimension I managed to create with the winged embellishments.
 This is the box with the lid open.  I'm hoping to fill it with either little pieces of card with more photo's and hand written memories, or create some mini/accordion books.  I'll see what I can do.
The flower on the lid is just one of those spiral wound flowers.  I glittered it so it's nice and sparkly in the flesh.  I used the main stamp from the set, cut out the large butterfly wings and tucked them in under the flower.  I also used the main bodice and 'fringed' the cardstock following the lines of the bodice.  I curled the fringed pieces, this way and that, before adhering.  I cut a slit in the flap of the lid and threaded a loop of ribbon through.  The ribbon is held in place by a large brad through the underside of the lid (I did this before adhering the flower which hid the legs of the split pin.)
Enjoy your week.
Ciao for now
Sandra x

8 comments:

Anita said...

Oh my goodness Sandra! You are soooo creative and inspirational. I love your work, always so much to see in all the intricate details. Just beautiful! xxx

Lynnda said...

Really loving this and the colour you have used, great use of a nice box.

Patricia Howarth said...

Oh Sandra, I think this altered box is absolutely stunning and the colours I love. I love the ultra thick embossing powder you have used, I will be putting that on my wish list, it is beautiful. I have left a comment on Sam's Blog where I first saw your box. You are a very talented lady, thanks for sharing with us. I will be trying this myself, thanks to your information. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Victoria said...

WOW. What a super idea Sandra. I can see that you've put in a lot of work here, as the detail on each panel is amazing.

Sue Jones said...

Fab - love it :) x

Carol S. said...

Hi Sandra, Such an amazing recycle! It's stunning. I will look at my face cream box and try to get some ideas! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation hun, love the colours & embellishments you have used!
Hugs Shell xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is yet another awesome creation Sandra, I adore it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx