I have another couple of cards to share with you today. The first I made for my friends daughter Jasmine. I had the following challenges in mind when I made it. Cupcake Crafts for the sketch. The Pink Elephant which has the recipe of Black, Hardware (I've used Brads) & Distressing. Papertake Weekly is looking for Spots & Stripes. The Cuttlebug Challenges are asking us to use 'Our Favourites' (mine has got to be inking around the edges...I use it on every card!) Danni's Dreams would like to see butterflies or fairies.
The papers and patterned glitter board are by Die Cuts With a View. I cut the flowers from a glittered sheet of DCWV patterned card stock. I shaped them slightly before arranging and adhering with Pinflair glue gel. I have used my rectangle and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities. I embossed the pink panel with my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder, I then inked around the edges with Black ink. The striped panel is punched with the Fiskars 'threading water' border punch. I cut the letters from Funky Foam using Quickutz Skinni Mini Phoebe alphabet set. The little flowers in the corners are brads. I stamped the image ('Demure' from the Sweet Art Ebony range at Funky Kits) and embossed her before colouring with Copic Markers. I just added a touch of glitter to her posy. I finished off the card with some tiny butterflies punched from a Martha Stewart punch.
I made this card with the Joanna Sheen Lilies stamps set from the recently released RHS Hot house flowers. I sprayed the stripy paper (Papermania) with Cosmic Shimmer mists, let it dry, screwed it up, flattened it out and gently rubbed over with my black ink pad. I covered the bottom part of the card in this paper. The top part is just a piece of white card that I stamped with the single Lily stamp and painted with watercolours. I then used Cosmic Shimmer sprays to spray over the top. I added a large velvet ribbon bow.
The inside of the card is a cut away pop out (please excuse the poor photo) I used the same distressing technique as above for the orange paper and Cosmic shimmer sprays and the 'Love' stamp for the very back of the card. I stamped and coloured (as below) the single Lily and attached to the oval aperture using some sheer ribbon.
I stamped and embossed the image onto heat resistant acetate and 'coloured' it using glitter and a dries clear glue. I backed the acetate with some vellum that I had stamped the pretty corner swirl onto. I then framed the image with a frame I had cut using my Nestabilites.
I got really messy making this card :oD
Ciao for now!