Thursday 29 October 2009

Joanna Sheen's 'Lilac' Garden Flower Stamps

Morning folks!
Hope you are all well and recovered from the shock of seeing my craft table yesterday ;o) Here is another card that I made for Joanna Sheen as she launched her new Royal Horticultural Society collection. Have I mentioned that Joanna is also celebrating her 30th Anniversary in the craft business? CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS Joanna!!
I usually cut my own card blanks as I like to use really heavyweight cardstock, mostly over 250gsm. For this card I added a 3 extra score lines in the middle before creasing the card to make the additional flap that houses the gift card. I used distress inks inside the card (Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Pine Needles) and I stamped the gorgeous little lilac basket in the corner.
For the front of the card I printed a design from the Cute Companions Summer Stories CD rom. I should really have reduced the opacity as it was very bold and I wanted a more muted look. Instead I added a layer of vellum to reduce the intensity. I used my Xyron 510 with it's edge to edge adhesion to stick the vellum down and it worked a treat. The lilacs are stamped and water coloured. I used my trusty Nestabilities to die cut the circle and scalloped circle. I inked the edges with distress inks. To create the rounded corners I used my Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers) a really sturdy tool that cut easily through all the thickness's of card in one go... even the spine of the card where I had the extra flap!
I finished the card off with a ribbon bow.
Thanks so much for looking.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

9 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Love what you are doing with the JS products Sandra. Your work is beautifully crafted and this is such a lovely idea for giving a gift. :)
Edna x

Fiona said...

Wow Sandra, how innovative and pretty. Very impressed with your Xyron thingy, you can't see where the vellum has been stuck down at all.
Fiona x

Paula said...

oh this is stunning Sandra!! And i love the idea of the extra folds to create the gift card holder!! i think i may have to try that!!
WOW!!
Paula xx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Sandra this is just stunning....I find your creations so different but beautiful.

Love Sheila xx

Annie said...

Fabulous Sandra - I need more distress inks - the effects are just gorgeous.
Ann xxx

CraftyC said...

So pretty Sandra. Love the vintage feel!
Clairexx

Juls said...

this is just beautiful!

lisa said...

Another stunning card Sandra. I love the inside too. You've got so much detail in it. Just beautiful.

Lisax

Donna said...

Oh wow Sandra, this is just beautiful and so elegant, I love the distressing you have done :) Donna x

PS: I can spot anything Bratz at about 20 paces lol!