Saturday 8 June 2013

Sheena Stamping, fussy cutting and watercolour painting on a card

 Hi folks!! I'm mid revision (last exam on 13th) but breaking my self imposed crafting/blogging ban as Sheena Douglass is on Create and Craft today...... Oooo I've missed you lot.  I promise I'll be back to posting and coming to visit your blogs once my exams are over.
 I stamped Sheena's fabulous Sunflower stamp onto some My Mind's Eye 6x6 backing paper with distress inks and used a water brush to wash over some of the colour.  I also gently inked around the background paper using my splodgemat.
I stamped the Sunflower again a couple of times on a sheet of orangey patterned paper.  I cut out the flower head in its entirety for the first layer.  The for the second layer I cut out the middle section creating just a ring of petals.  I shaped them before adhering in place with 3D glue gel.  I stamped the leaves onto the bluey/green patterned paper, cut them out, shaped and adhered into place. I used my favourite leafy swirly die on kraft card and inked a little before adhering in place.  I fussy cut the butterflies from the patterned paper, shaped them and adhered them with the glue gel.   
I hope you are able to catch Sheena's show on Create and Craft at 3pm this afternoon.  
Ciao for now.... wish me luck for my last exam on Thursday :)
Sandra xxx

6 comments:

ria gall said...

Hi Sandra
this is a stunning card the use of the sunflower stamp is wonderful it has given it real depth.
I have just watched Sheena on C&C she is a fantastic crafter.
I have joined you as a follower
Ria

KarmaCraft said...

I love this!! good luck with your exams...

KarmaCraft said...

I love this!! good luck with your exams...

Beryl said...

This is a lovely way to use the sunflower stamp - it's a beautiful card.
Beryl xx

Lynn said...

First of all - good luck for the exam.
this card is even more stunning IRL. So please I saw it and that you came to and enjoyed the crop last Saturday.

Lynn x

lisa said...

Good Luck for your last exam, Sandra. I shall be keeping everything crossed for you.
This is a stunning make, I spotted it earlier and had to come and have a closer look. I love what you've done with the sunflower, it's got a beautiful vintage feel. I need to get this stamp out again and have a play.
Hugs Lisax