Friday 8 March 2013

P is for Peeking...a Halloween layout Mwahahaha!

Hello folks!  Please excuse my lack of posting I've been incredibly busy again.  (Summer exams looming)  I was itching to share this fun layout with you.  There's a great challenge over on Scrapology this month.  We're scraplifting our very own and very talented Lynn Cooper who designed her wonderful page for a class held at the Cardinal Colours autumn 2012 Crop.  I was thrilled to attend the class and if you scroll down you will see my original version on the page.  I wanted to create something completely different and with the 'peeking' elements brief in mind.... I thought creepy hands pulling back the page would do the trick.
The papers I've used are from a We R Memory Keepers pad.  I drew around my hands onto green felt, available here, and I inked the edges and added detail with a fineliner.  I drew some nails onto black cardstock, cut them out and tripple embossed them with UTEE.  The cobweb and spiders I cut on my Cricut.  I covered the cobweb and one of the spiders with black glitter and the other spider I tripple embossed.
I also cut the cat on my Cricut.  I inked the edges with white ink and filled in the detail with a white fineliner.  I added glossy accents to the eyes. The little bat is also cut on the Cricut, I just gave him googly eyes. I hand cut the title from one of the patterned papers.  I couldn't find a grave stone that I liked so I drew my own on some grey card.  I stamped a stoney/crackle design (one of Sheena's new stamp sets to be launched on Create and Craft next week.) on the grave stone.  Not sure how well you can see it on these pic's.  If you click on the first one it may pop up enlarged. 
Here's the page I created on Lynn's class.  TOTALLY different.  For more inspiration from my fellow teamies and a peek at the prize that's up for grabs, head over to the Scrapology blog.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

5 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Sandra, your two layouts today are stunning, totally different but each totally stunning, love, love, love the cat's eyes ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Wow this is great those hands are just fantastic how clever!! The page for the class looks lovely too quite different style. Sam

Alison said...

You did a grand job with both, but the creepy hands layout is inspired - such a fantastic idea and so well interpreted! x

Craftychris said...

Your Halloween page is awesome! There is so much detail and those hands are amazing, such a cool idea. Your Wedding page is beautiful! Two such different pages, both are amazing! xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Sandra that Halloween page is awesome. Really realistic. Scary!!! The class page looks very pretty.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx