Thursday 24 January 2013

Thinking of you always - acetate card

Hello folks!  Here's another card made using the lovely flower stamp set 'Always Flowers' by Sheena Douglass.  I wanted this card to be bright and colourful, so I set about making myself a rainbow of flowers.
I stamped and embossed on to coloured card with white embossing powder, cutting out each flower, shaping and adhering to the acetate with a hot melt glue gun.  I added coloured rhinestones to the centre of the flowers.

I reached for the kraft card, embossed it using a crackle embossing folder.  I tore the edges and inked them before layering a up and adhering to the card... ooo yes I also tied some ribbon round the top layer of Kraft and added a bow.   The sentiment is stamped and embossed with white powder too.
I really should have photographed this one on a white background but I think you get the idea.
Thanks so much for your encouraging comments.  I really appreciate them.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

Southern Girls Challenge - Get Krafty
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Fun Friday Challenge - Use Flowers.

9 comments:

Lynn said...

This is beautiful. x

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness, so pretty! Yes, very bright and beautiful!
Have a SUPER day and thank you for sharing with us at Little Scrap Pieces
Shelly

Carol S. said...

Hi Sandra, gorgeous card again. Great to see you had a whole table of your cards on C & C with Sheena. Well deserved as they were all amazing. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Karen said...

amazing love those flowers so crisp and colorful. Wonderful design. Thank so very much for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

nannapat said...

Pretty colours Sandra and fab design. Thanks for sharing. Pat x

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! Beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Craftychris said...

I love the colours you have used on this one - gorgeous! xx

Siv said...

Wow! Acetate card - that's something I haven't tried before (note to self: do so!). Really cool!
Thanks for joining the Southern Girls - hope we'll see you again!
Siv xx

Julie said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous, must have taken you so long to make with all that snipping! So glad you joined the Southern girls challenge this time, if you hadn't I'd never have seen it! Have a lovely weekend,Julie.x