Monday 21 January 2013

Read Books

Hello folks!  Here's a bookmark that I made using stamps from Creative Studios by Sam Poole. I used  the wonderful Sherlock Holmes set and the versatile clear vintage alphabet and clear mini alpha A6 stamp set.
I simply took a piece of grey cardstock and trimmed it to size.  I spritzed it with some silver mica spray mist and, of course, inked around the edge.  I dusted off my Basic Grey Notch tool and created the 'v' notches near the top of the bookmark.  I wrapped some silver grey ribbon around and knotted it at the front.
I stamped and embossed the letters with silver embossing powder.  I then grabbed a fine-liner and scribbled a kind of 'drop shadow' around the letters.  So the whole thing is flat apart from the ribbon which can poke out  at the top of the pages in your book.
Don't forget to join Sam Poole on Create and Craft tv on Saturday 26th January for the launch of her fabulous stamps!!
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

3 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is so cool, I am loving the look of these stamps - will be watching on Saturday xx

lisa said...

This is just fab, Sandra. What a brilliant image, I shall have to look out for these stamps.
I just popped by to say how blown away I was by your amazing samples for Sheena she showcased on c&c today, you must have been so chuffed to see them all there together. That scrapbook page was gorgeous.
Hugs Lisax

Carole Z said...

Hi I just popped over from Sam's blog for a closer look..love it! Carole Z X