Sunday 13 January 2013

Creative Studios - Sherlock Holmes


Hello folks!  Wow!  Sam Poole has done it again.... and brought to us a fabulous new stamp set, Sherlock Holmes, that she will be launching on Create and Craft on 26th January.   It's a great set with brilliant quotes as well as some really useful masculine images.
 It's my brothers birthday later on this month so I set about making a card for him.  I love the big 'Baker Street' collage stamp so I stamped it out, inked with distress inks and double embossed it with clear UTEE.
 For the background I used the Brick Wall StencilPolka Dot mask; Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy & Black Soot Distress inks; the fingerprint stamp from the set (which I love!) and some watercolour paints that I allowed to dribble down the card.  I also inked around the edges and heat embossed some black embossing powder.  I attached some of the silky crush brown ribbon together using a small safety pin that I had coloured with an alcohol marker.  To finish the card off I added the black telephone, a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 embellishment. 
Sam and the DT have made some fabulous creations with the Sherlock Holmes stamps.  Hop over here and here if you'd like a peek. 
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

3 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

A brilliant creation! Love all the fabby themed elements; dried dripping blood, finger prints, etc. Great phone too! hugs, Lesley

Carol S. said...

Hi Sandra, Wow! This looks more like a wall plaque than a card. I am sure he will love it. Hugs, Carol S.xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a fantastic card sweetie and I am sure your brother will adore it. Great male themed card and very unique.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx