Sunday 9 September 2012

'Creating Yourself!' Steampunk Christmas style.

 Hello folks! I must confess it's been a while since my last post.  'Back to school' means back to work for me and it's been a busy start to the new academic year.  Here's a little piece I made featuring Sam Poole's fabulous new (soon to be released) Steampunk Christmas stamps.  The Steampunk Robin is just amazing!!
 I used papers from the Craftman Pad to cover a strip of card that I had scored and folded at one end.  The robin himself is also stamped on a sheet from the pad using Chalkies (a water based stamping paint) and I embossed him a couple of time with clear UTEE. 
 I drew around the edge of the cardstock with some wet glue and sprinkled on Ancient Copper Ultra thick embossing crystals (Cosmic Shimmer) and heated.  I used more of the Chalkies to stamp the sentiment from Sam Poole's Art Phrases stamp set.
The screw head is a little making Memories Snap that I've had for years.  I finished off the piece with a bow made from Silky Crush Brown ribbon.  I hope you like it.  Not very Christmas-sy I know but it just goes to show just how versatile these stamps are.
Ciao for now!
Sandra xx

3 comments:

Soo said...

Great card - I am in love with the robin!!

Jenny Marples said...

Love this Sandra. Never heard of/used chalkies but looking at that robin this is something which clearly must change. Loving the attention to detail in each element and your choice of papers. Hugs, Buttons x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Sandra, I am loving this tag, it is full of 'steampunk gorgeousness', I love the robin, he is fantastic. Lots of love from Patricia xx