Wednesday 29 August 2012

Art parts, twist wrap flowers, Radiant and Bright

 Hello folks.... I just couldn't wait to share this creation with you.  Not all the elements are available yet, but don't worry, as soon as they are I'll let you know.  I made this piece with the Sunday Stamper 'Green Tambourine' challenge in mind.
I took my solid Art Part square and did a bit of weaving with some soft green ribbon to create the background.  I stamped the frame (stamp available soon from Sam Poole's Creative Studios) and sprinkled on some gold and some black embossing powder before heat embossing.
I added a couple of the beautiful Victorian metal corners and set about making my bow.  I used a bow maker... tied the small bow first, then took it off the prongs, set the prongs wider apart and tied the second bow over the first.  I repeated the whole process to create the triple looped bow.  It would be much easier to have 3 sets of prongs and not have to remove the bow each time... but alas I just have 1 set.  I adhered the hanging loop and the bow itself with my hot melt glue gun. 
To create the flowers I used the fabulous Kraft Twistwrap, die cut it into spiral circles and twirled them up.  The taller flowers are also die cut, this time scalloped circles. I scrunched them up a bit and folded them to form the flowers you see here.  I glued them onto some wire so they could be placed in the arrangement.  I added some green and a bit of dark brown glitter to the flowers.  'She was bright', 'She was so radiant' was snipped out of a book, and, of course, the photo is of my beautiful daughter Isabelle. (Well... I am her Mama)
Ciao for now!
Sandra x
Sunday Stamper - Green Tambourine
Scrapalicious - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh my - this is stunning! And you're right, Isabelle is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in the Repeat Impressions challenge this week!

Patti J said...

I'm so impressed! What a gorgeous creation, Isabelle! Thank you so much for joining with us in our challenge at The House That Stamps Built!

Carol S. said...

Hi Sandra, A stunning creation again. I don't know how you always come up with these amazing ideas! Of course Isabella sets it off beautifully. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Desire Fourie said...

Sandra this is just beautiful. The colours and design work so well. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is another awesome creation sweetie and you are quite correct, Isabelle is very pretty and adorable.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Rene said...

Beautiful creation!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Good luck and don't forget to leave a comment for another entry for a chance at our second prize!
Rene ;D

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the weaving. I saw your project on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

--Cheryl--

Hels Sheridan said...

Ooohlalalaaaa, LOVE what you did with the Studio 490 Art Part... how FAB! Love that stamp too... tis on me wishlist! Lovely keepsake! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Rita said...

Fabulous frame Sandra. I need that stamp too. Your daughter is beautiful and so like you. Hugs Rita xx

Janet said...

Hi Sandra....this is stunning work sweetie xx

Michelle Webb said...

Your work is stunning too Sandra! I love what you've done with the art parts, gorgeous background and embossing powder combination. Simply wonderful. Michelle x

Jenny Marples said...

Oh boy Sandra! You really are teasing here. LOVE the look of that new frame and love what you have done with it. Thanks also for showing a use for the Kraft crinkle paper - it has been on C&C but not in 'finished project' form. That's when you can see the true potential. You are a star as ever. Hugs, Buttons x

Anita Scroggins said...

Love what you have done here! IT is so beautiful!! I came over from MIM, I would love it if you could visit my blog too. My projects are #237 and #261. Have a fabulous weekend!!