Wednesday 4 July 2012

Y is for yarn - Challenge

Hello folks! There's a fabulous challenge over on Scrapology this month...we're scraplifting a gorgeous page by the uber talented Gabrielle Polloco (see it here) and the added challenge is to use yarn.
 I wanted to follow the gardening theme but an appropriate photo didn't come to mind.... never fear! Mr. Dry came to the rescue and suggested this photo of our eldest, Tommy, (who will be 13 later this month and going through a 'I don't want to be photographed' stage) The papers are by WRMK, Boho collection. I printed a vintage label from tinternet, resizing in my graphics program and inked the edges once it was printed and cut out.  I created the ribbon banner by strengthening behind with some cardstock, folding and cutting the ends before adhering. I die cut the brown funky foam letters.  The little sunflower has been in my stash for years!... I knew they were going to come in handy one day ;o) and the butterflies, again images from tinternet, printed onto card, shaped  and finished off with glossy accents.
 The lovely wooden bird on a branch is available here and I just inked it up with distress inks before adhering. I found a poem about sunflowers that I thought would be great to use on this layout too and  my WRMK sew easy tool came in handy when I hand stitched the the large yellow zig zag circle.
I punched some long decorative boarders from Kraft card and added the yellow yarn, some little seed packets (from tinternet) and some tiny wooden pegs (we've all got those lurking on our stash).  That's pretty much it.
I hope you'll be able to join in with this months challenge.  Jill from Cardinal Colours is providing the prize and my fellow DT are providing fabulous inspiration!
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous Sandra. Love the birdie, butterfly and sunflower embellies not to speak of the cute subject.
Hugs
Desire

Carole Z said...

Just hopped over from Sam's blog...gorgeous layout!
Carole Z X

Carol S. said...

Hi Sandra, Love this page. The lay out and colours are great. Hugs, Carol S.xx

lisa said...

What a stunning LO, Sandra. I love all the sunflowers and those seed packets are so cute. I've got so many of those pegs lurking in a cupboard, now you've given me an idea on how to use them up!!
Hugs Lisax

Anita said...

I LOVE your layout Sandra....so, so cute and a real eye catcher. I have photos of my girls in big pots like that too lol, really MUST get round to scrapping them. xxx

Evelina Wikberg said...

Hi Sandra. That's wonderful work. Love all the detail. Hope you have a great week. Eva xx

Linda said...

Gorgeous layout Sandra - loving all the details x