Friday 4 February 2011

Fairy Glitter Globe....

Well, it's the weekend again... hoorah! Here's a little Glitter Globe that I adorned with a picture of my beautiful Isabelle.
I coloured some of the fairies from Joanna Sheen's Enchanted Forest stamp range with a combination of promarkers and Twinkling H2O's. The smaller designs worked better as the Glitter Globe is quite small. I cut the designs out and layered them onto a scrap of DCWV patterned paper. The sentiment is part of the stamp set. I just stamped and embossed it in white before cutting out and adhering.

I punched (Martha Stewart) some butterflies and added some tiny coils of wire for the antennae. I tied a tiny bow and wrapped the ribbon around the very bottom of the card. I tried to catch an action shot of the glitter in motion.... I think you can just about see that in the last shot.
Enjoy your weekend!
Sandra x
Crafty Cardmakers - Water
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything goes
Flutter by Wednesday - Butterflies
Paper play challenges - Stamp it out



18 comments:

sugarplum said...

what a sweet idea Its just lovely
Fi x

Jan said...

Gorgous as always, A real beauty xx Jan

Fiona said...

What a fantastic unique idea Sandra. Your daughter must love it.

Rosietoes said...

That is so enchanting Sandra. Isabelle is beautiful and I'm sure she loves her very special glitter globe.

Edna x

Donna said...

Oh wow Sandra, this is a so sweet and cute, I bet Isabelle loves it! I love how you have positioned the butterfly so it looks like its in her hair :) have a fab weekend :) Donna x

gillyflower said...

what a lovely idea so pretty well done and thanks for entering the challenge at crafty cardmakers
gill x

Marina said...

Wow! That's fabulous Sandra! Such a great idea... I love your Globe and Isabelle is a little sweetie ;O).

Hugs,
Marina

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous globe hunni and a adorable daughter.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Katy said...

AWWW i think this is so cute well done nena its lovely.
xx

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again!
hugs, Sharon

Larissa said...

Wow Sandra this is adorable! Great idea! I bet your daughter loves this snowglobe.

Hugs,
Larissa

Simone said...

Hello Sandra! I just adore these stamps. Your little girl looks so lovely looking out from the snow globe. I have recently bought the 'Funtime' stamps from your Enchanted Forest range from Joanna Sheen's website. They stamp out with a beautiful and clear image. I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you get to design for Joanna? It is my dream to have a range of my own rubber stamp designs one day. Have you any words of wisdom or advice on how I go about achieving this? I am off to do some ironing now and then reward myself with some more stamping with your lovely designs. :-)

Sandra said...

This is gorgous

Freya said...

Gorgeous!! Love the globe!!

Lin said...

Sandra as usual an inspired piece of art, and isn't your little poppet just the most gorgeous creation of all!

I haven't been by lately as I have been so busy but I am always glad when I have the time to visit as your creations always blow me away, so much so that I wanted to pass onto you the little present on my blog...

Lin xx

Lavender and old lace said...

hi Sandra what a lovely idea both are beautiful hope you are well love Dorothyxxx

Carol S. said...

Wow Sandra, Your little Isabelle is gorgeous! Pop over to my blog and you will find a little gift for you! Carol S.xx

Carol S. said...

Wow Sandra, Your little Isabelle is gorgeous! Pop over to my blog and you will find a little gift for you! Carol S.xx