Monday 26 July 2010

House Mouse... You make me smile!

Hi folks! Here's one of the cards I made using Joanna Sheen's House Mouse 'ice cream' stamp set. Those cheeky mice are up to no good again! I tried to stick to a couple of colours, pink and brown... kept it simple with plenty of glitter! (could I possibly use any more exclamation marks??!!)
I used lots of glitter cardstock and my Nestabilities to create the mats and layers. I stamped the image with brown versafine ink and painted it with my koi watercolours. I completed flooded the label of the ice cream tub with glossy accents to make it nice and shiny. The sentiment is stamped from the set. The ribbon flower is a sticker that I have had in my stash for years, I think it was a magazine freebie. I finished the card off with a large, sheer ribbon double bow.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

Stamp Something - Something Flowery
Colour Create - Pink Brown & White

17 comments:

Paula said...

WOW!!! this is just SO stunning!!! I'm not a big glitter fan, but I could be persuaded otherwise after seeing this!!
I adore the gorgeous ribbon and the super shiny label!!

again...WOW!!

Paula x

Larissa said...

Fabulous card Sandra! Love the glitter paper and the image is soo cute!

I hope all is well with you!

Hugs,
Larissa

Di said...

FABULOUS!! love all the glitter paper and the glossy accents and this image does really make you smile!
wonderful card!
thanks for joining Colour Create
Hugs Di xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I love your card. The glitter ROCKS! Thanks so much for joining the Stamp Something Challenge this week! Hugs~
Andrea

Donna said...

This is such a sweet card Sandra...I love this cute little image and your gorgeous papers...I want ice cream for brekkie now lol! :) Donna x

jo said...

such a stunning card , love your ribbon :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, Sandra! Love the cute image, very cheeky indeed! The glossy accents is a very clever final touch! Just Brilliant!

Hugs,
Lily

Jane said...

This is so sweet...gotta get me paws on those Mice!!!

lisa said...

These mices are gorgeous Sandra. I love what you've been doing with them lately, especially floating in the bubbles.
All the glitter looks great.
Hope you are having a good Summer Hols.
Hugs Lisax

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!!! This is scrummy Sandra.
Cathy
xxxx

CraftyC said...

Aww, this is gorgeous Sandra, love all the sparkle!
Clairex

Jan said...

Scrumptious xx Jan

Chris said...

Fantastic card Sweetie and I adore all the glitter and your gorgeous colouring and design. I just happened to visit Joanna's shop yesterday and a couple of these sets accidentally slipped into my basket LOL! Must chat soon, hope all's well. Love Chris xx

Lavender and old lace said...

wow this is awesome Sandra love all that glitz, Dorothy xxx

Juls said...

wow this is just gorgeous!! Love all the sparkle! Hugs Juls

Sharon said...

WOW Sandra, Love all the glitter! This is such a perfect image for the colour scheme! The label looks fantastic. Great Card :)

Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.

Sharon x

Sue Lelli said...

OOOH! I just LOVE this card with the mice eating the ice cream! LOVE the colors and the shimmer!!!