Friday 21 May 2010

A card for Grandpa

Hi folks! There's a new challenge over on Dare U 2 Digi stamps. This time it's 'One for the boys'. Hop on over and check out the brilliant cards made by me fellow DT.
The backing paper is by DCWV. I made the frame using my Labels Nestabilities dies and embossed it with my Cuttlebug. I threaded some ribbon around and knotted it at on side before adhering the frame. I painted 'Meerkat Youngster' with Koi Watercolours. The sentiment is stamped from set by Paula Pascual. Lastly I die cut the letters from Funky Foam with a Cuttlebug Alphabet die set.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x
Stamp with fun - Stripes
Sweet Stampin' blog - Get Personal
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Masculine
Charisma Cards - 3D

19 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Sandra....great card,great image and coloured perfectly as always,

Have a lovely day
Take care
San x

Rach said...

this is a fabulous card Sandra, what a fab image.x
Hugz Rach xxx

Fiona said...

What a fab fun card Sandra. Great colours and I'm sure Grandpa will be thrilled.

Fiona x

Andrea said...

A wonderful card - wonderful color and design!
Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Many greetings
Andrea-Emmi41

Doreen said...

This is one fabulous card as usual Sandra,it co-ordinates beautifully.xxx

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra
Smashin card, always love your work and this one's fab too. Love the subtle colours with him. Works well.
x Michelle

Marina said...

It's fantastic Sandra!
I love that image, it's really funny and the design is fabulous.

Hugs,
Marina

Larissa said...

Great card Sandra. I love the frame you created!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Larissa

Jane said...

Ooh! I lurv these "Simples!" Another great example of what you can do with them. Brilliant!!

Jan said...

He is Soo cute xx Jan

Pop's Cards said...

Sandra this is fab honey, the colours are perfect for this cutie, hugs Pops x

Faye said...

Hiya Sandra, this is just perfickt! I love that frame, fab idea. Thank you so much for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

Terry said...

Hiya Sandra, wowwwwie sweetie love youre card for grandpa..wow...great image and real nice colors. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Hugs Terry xxx

The twins mum said...

Hi Sandra this is wonderful I love the way you did the wording.
Maree
x

Jayne Hayward said...

This is great. I'm sure Grandpa will absolutely love it.

Thanks for joining in with us on Sweet Stampin.

Jayne xx

Jo said...

LOVE IT!! ;)
you make the best male cards! *claps*

Leanne said...

Awww this is fantastic!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

Leanne xx

Allison said...

love it
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Donna said...

Fantastic card Sandra, fab colouring of your meerkat and such a perfect layout too...the white ribbon really stands out :) Donna x