Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Glitter Ball Card... Get your Sunnies' out for this one

Hi folks! This is another one of those cards where I saw the stamp (Dancing Diva) and I knew exactly what I wanted to create, it was just a case of... how was I going to do it?! That's right, I wanted a huge Glitter Ball. I cut 2 large circles, one from silver mirri card and used a thick marker pen to draw the sections on the reverse. Using a craft knife I cut all of the 'spaces' and glued them to the other circle (which I had painted with Cosmic Shimmer silver paint)
I covered the card base with patterned paper by ATD and sprayed it with Rich Purple 'that special touch of...mica mist'. Layered the prepared Glitter Ball on top of that. I stamped the characters and coloured them with Copic Markers and highlighted the swirls on her dress with cosmic shimmer glitter glue. I adhered them with dimensional glue gel and added loops of ribbon and a huge feather behind. I finished off the card by adding the stamped sentiment which I shaped with my fingers and inked around the edges.
Hope you have a fab day.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x


10 comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous!! Love all the sparkle and Bling!!! gorgeous gorgeous card!! Hugs Juls

Fiona said...

Wow Sandra, what a clever idea, this is a fab card. Can't believe you cut the mirror ball out by hand! Such patience.

Fiona x

TwistedWitch said...

Patience of a saint Sandra, but boy did it pay off, this card looks amazing. Beautifully coloured, as always.

Lin

Doreen said...

Wow Sandra this is brilliant I love all of it ,the feather is fab.xxx

Galaxy Girl - my Stamp Galaxy Blog... said...

WOW Sandra soooo darn pretty

Hugs
Kay (Toodles and Binks)

Michelle said...

Now I didn't know you was a card making genius too! Thats a fantastic disco ball on a fantastic card! Love the grandmother cards too - thas a great photo you used!
x Michelle

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Sandra love that glitter ball.
luv
Debby

Marina said...

Wow! That's fabulous!
I love the glitter ball and it's perfect for this pretty image.
The colours and details are beautiful.

Hugs,
Marina

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sandra this is amazing!
hugs
kim x

Donna said...

Fabulous design Sandra, the glitterball is amazing and such fab colouring of Fred and Ginger :) Donna x

PS: Your children are so beautiful and what a wonderful idea to put them on Grandma's card :)