Friday 19 February 2010

Jane Netley Mayhew 'Swans' card

Hi folks. Here's another card I made using Joanna Sheen's 'Jane Netley Mayhew' bird rubber stamp collection. I used lots of soft colours and pearly card on this one.
I cut a square of pearlescent white card a smidgen larger than my card blank, used my Nestabilities circle die to cut the aperture. I then embossed the panel with my Fiskars swirly texture plate (through my Cuttlebug) I distressed all the edges using a combination of a distressing tool and my trusty old fingers. I found some lovely aqua mulberry paper in my stash and used that for a layer behind the aperture and for the layer behind that I used pale blue pearlescent paper. I wrapped a ribbon bow around the card. I then stamped the swans and watercoloured them using Lyra Aqua colours. I used my Woodware flower punches and Martha Stewart leaf punch to create the flowers. I finished the flowers off with some self adhesive blue pearls.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

10 comments:

Jan said...

So beautiful Sandra, Love it xx Jan

pinky said...

What a gorgeous card Sandra, you have really done that image justice. Aren't they lucky to have you designing for them! Just gorgeous.
Pinky

Juls said...

so beautiful!! very elegant! Love the mix of textures! such a stunning card! Hugs Juls

Sheila - Ginger said...

Sandra your card is absolutely stunning!!! I love what you have done with it!! You're clever and talented.

Love Sheila xx

Chrissie said...

Just beautiful Sandra, I love the delicate look of this and the gorgeous colour palette.
What a fabulous idea to use the mulberry paper, and that CB embossing is the perfect touch. Simply stunning, my dear friend.

Marina said...

Wow! It's stunning!
I love this gorgeous card!

Hugs,
Marina

Fiona said...

Love the effect you have created here Sandra, and the colouring is superb.
Fiona x

Ruby said...

Thank you for your lovely message on my blog. Your cards are mini pieces of art! I really love the textures you use :o)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is awesome Sandra - I love swan images and this is perfection!

Doreen said...

Just stunning