Thursday 17 September 2009

Cute Christmas Advent Calendar

Hi Folks!
Here another little creation I made for the Extravaganza. It's a little advent calendar, but you could always stack the number panels the other way and it becomes a Christmas Countdown. It's an idea I came across while blog hopping but I'm afraid I forgot to take a note of the details. Lots of people at the show seemed to like it especially those crafting with children, for example Brownies and Youth Clubs. It could be a count down for any occasion. Just change how you decorate it and voila!
I used another Loupy Lou and Bobo new release. This one is 'Trimming the Tree' available now at The Craft Barn and online soon. I rounded the corners of a scrap piece of Mount board with my Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers) and covered it with papers by K&Co. There is a lovely sheet full of small square pictures and sentiments in the range which I cut up and added die cut numbers to (Go-Kreate, Amsterdam). They are then just stacked up and held onto theMount board with a clip. I coloured the image with Copic Markers; used liquid pearls for the baubles; stickles glitter glue for the tinsel and star and finished off Bobo's hat with some pearl paint. Lastly I used my Crop-a-dile to add the snowflake eyelets.
Hop on over to Christine's blog to see a piccie of the Three Crafting Musketeers (Christine Dark, Paula Pascual and me) at the end of The Extravaganza. We had so much fun and it was lovely to meet up with the other demonstrators and fellow bloggers! You'll have to read all about the Extravaganza on Christine's blog.... she'd so much more eloquent than me ;o)
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Sandra. Love the mini calendar at the top.
Hugs
Desire

Julie said...

This is ever so cute, a fab idea.

Lavender and old lace said...

this is a lovely idea thank you for sharing Dorothy xx

simplyfairies said...

Another fabulous creations Sandra, and even more gorgeous and cute in real life!