Friday, 28 August 2009

Dare U to use 1 ribbon, 2 Patterned papers & 3 Flowers

Hi Folks!
It's a recipe challenge over on 'Dare U 2 Digi Stamp' this week and the recipe is: 1 Ribbon, 2 Patterned Papers and 3 Flowers. I really wanted to make a feature of the flowers so I made up some die cut decoupage flowers from the Wild Asparagus, MME range. I thought it would be perfect to have my Rosabella peaking out through these gorgeous flowers. My creation is really a wall hanging but I found it difficult to photograph on the wall so it ended up on my bed.
Firstly I ripped 2 pieces of patterned paper and adhered to the top and bottom of an A4 sheet of acetate. I then used my Fiskars 'threading water' border punch along the two long sides. I threaded my long sheer white ribbon down one side, along the bottom and up the other side, tying it into a bow at the end. I re-sized, printed out, coloured and cut Rosabella Sitting and placed her on the layout with the flowers. Lastly I printed a picture of my daughter, Isabelle in one of her fairy outfits. I adhered this to the back of the layout. Having looked at it again I think I may add some extra glitter to the tulle on Isabelle's dress, to give it a bit more sparkle...a fairy can never have enough sparkle.
Hope you are able to join us with the recipe challenge.
Ciao for now!
Sandra xx

9 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!!!
Sandra this is so very beautiful!
Your colours are perfect and those flowers are wonderful!
Your sweet baby is just too adorable!
How lovely to see this on your wall!
hugs
kim x

Donna said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant creation Sandra, the flowers really are stunning and so is Isabelle, she's such a little sweetie :) Donna x

lisa said...

Hi Sandra. Hope you had a great holiday. I've just got back from mine and have been having a look to see what I've missed. Your creations are all stunning as always but I especially like those new WOJ stamps and what you have done with them.
Have a great weekend.

Lisax

Michelle said...

So very beautiful Sandra a a lovely image of your daughter. An artwork to treasure!
x Michelle

The twins mum said...

WOW! This is beautiful. Good luck with the challenge I hope you win
Maree
x

Caroline said...

aww how sweet youir daughter looks and framed beautifully xxx

Larissa said...

Very lovely creation Sandra! Isabelle looks like such a cutie! Love what you did with her picture!
Hugs,
Larissa

TwistedWitch said...

Sandra this card is stunning. The colours, the colouring, just everything. And those flowers....... now I have another thing to add to my desperately needed list!

Lin

Desire Fourie said...

Sandra this is gorgeous. One just want to reach out and touch it.
Hugs
Desire