Monday 13 July 2009

Thank You 'Dance' Teacher

Hi folks!
Well, it was my twins last Ballet and Tap lesson before the summer break and I thought this Gorjuss Girlie would be just the ticket for a card for their dance teacher. I had fun following lots of challenges for this one. Cute Card Thursday has a 'Thank You Miss' theme. The Sketch is from The Saturday Challenge blog (extra option being Ribbon) Papertake Weekly wants us to use our favourite things (mine have got to be these Gorjuss Girls at the moment) This weeks Copic Creations is 'Brunette Hair' (I found the tutorials on their blog really helpful) Creative Card Crew wants to see ribbons. Cupcake Craft Challenge is Blossoms and Butterflies (what a lovely challenge) Stamp With Fun has a theme of Shapes or punches. Cute Daisy May is asking for three of a kind (I have used 3 yellow glittered dots in the top right corner) Not sure if I can squeeze in the Colour Create challenge ' Yellow, Green and white' as my paper has touches of orange and blue, but I have tried to keep to the colours for the most part.
The paper is by DCWV. I used my scalloped Nestability to cut the Yellow Glitter board and circle Nestie for the circle which I embossed with my Cuttlebug before inking the edge with distress inks. I used vellum for the rectangle panel that I also embossed. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and I used a little distress ink and glitter to colour it. The glittered dots are from a pack from QVC. The ribbon was a freebie from a magazine. I cut the sentiment from Funky Foam with my new Quickutz Banana Split font. I coloured the Gorjuss Girl with Copics and glittered her wings and detail on the dress.
Ciao for now!
Sandra x

34 comments:

Paula said...

Wow what a fabulous card i adore the image and such fantastic colours. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I'm in love with this card! The colors are yummy, but that image is fabulous! love it!

Thanks for playing with us at CCC this week!

♥ Lisa M.

Sandra said...

Absolutly stunning Sandra!,"Gorjuss" card,brilliant work....thanks for joining us this week at CDM,
San x

Donna said...

Hi Sandra, beautiful card as always and such gorgeously pretty colours, the embossed vellum is super. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week :) Donna x

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous! Love these green cards lately...your brunette hair is OUTSTANDING! WOW! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning Sandra, the teacher must have loved this. Thanks for joining us at CDM again this week
nn x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, such wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Victoria said...

Wowee Sandra this is just FABULOUS!! Love the colours, the image, the papers, well everything really! I also have these glitter dots from QVC and I think they're just great!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

COCO said...

wo very fabulous card !!!
I love it !!!!
Hugs COCO

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Beautiful!!!! Gorgeous colours and of course, the image! ♥

Tessi`s Kramecke said...

The card is beautifully colored and gorgeous
Hugs Gitti

Anonymous said...

Wow stunning card, love everything about it!
Erin x

Wendy said...

Wow Sandra! This is so beautiful. Thank you for taking part in the challenge this week. Wendy x

Chris said...

Hi ya Sweetie, I think I have to marry this one, it's so beautiful! Love your girlie and your colouring is superb, everything is just perfect and I think I have to get this Gorjuss little girl! Hugs, Chris xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgoeus card sandra

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sandra, what a stunning card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. The glittery paper is one of my faves by DCWV and the butterfly is lovely. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Rach said...

wow this is gorgeous! amazing colouration. hugs rachxx

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, look at all the chllenges you got into one card.. YOU ROCK! Thanks so much for playing along at CCC this week.

Saskia said...

Wonderful card!

Saskia :)

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous hun i love everything about it, your colurs are fab love the dp and the image i am jealous i love her, thanks for joining us at ccc hugs Pops x

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

This is "stunning"!!!
A Gorguss Girl for a gorgeous colour combo.
Loving it!!!
Hugs Alison.xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sandra. Your colouring is superb and I love the papers. Thanks for joinin both the Colour Create and the Creative Card Crew Challenges.
Sharon xx

Ida / Little said...

WOW WOW WOW, Sandra this is truly STUNNING! Its just perfect, love the colors, image, embossed circle and I'm almost speechless. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)

Hugs Ida

Michele Spera said...

I love the colors!!! really nice layout and I love the shading:-) Thanks for joining us this week over at Cute Daisy May:-)
XMichele SperaX

Linnie said...

stunning work sandra
thankyou for joining us at CdM this week
liniex

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Sandra. Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

Gunilla/Nilla said...

This is a lovely card! Cute image that you´ve coloured beautiful. Great layout and details.

Have a wonderful day/Gunilla

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Sandra and I love the image and the papers are perfect, your colouring is gorgeous.Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May.
Hugs Linda

Janiel/ janny said...

what a cute card!!!!!! love it!!! janny

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fabulous sandra, I've got the new gj they are lovely. I love the brightness of your card and the layered detail. thanks for joining daisy may. janex

Liza said...

Wow Sandra, this is stunning. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

simplyfairies said...

utterly gorgeous, and all those challenges wow!!

Maureen said...

Gorgeous card - your coloring is perfect! Congrats on making Top 5!

Sarah said...

Fantastic colouring! Love your card.