Friday 17 July 2009

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!

Hi folks!
It's 'Anything but a card' week over on Dare U 2 Digi stamp. I had so much fun putting this cute little gift bag together. I hope you are able to join in with the challenge. If you need some inspiration then check out the crafty makes by our Design Team... you will be blown away!
I have used some really lush papers by 'Cloud 9'. I amazed myself by actually cutting into them. Have had this set for ages and only stroked it thus far. All of you paper strokers out there will know where I'm coming from. I cut the gift bag shape using my Cricut Expressions. I used some matching cotton art tape for the top and bottom of the bag. The flowers I made using my Woodware punches; inked; shaped; adhered and topped off with a self adhesive pearl. The leaves are a Martha Stewart punch. Also added a couple of bits of wire and punched butterflies to the flower at the top. The little cutie is Ruby. She'll be available soon along with Hazel and Holly (still drawing my 'Christmas' Holly) as a Digi Stamp on my other blog. I have coloured Ruby with Copic markers.
Pretty simple design really, but I didn't want to cover the beautiful paper that I had used to make the bag itself.
Ciao for now!
Sandra xx

17 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

Gorgeous! Love the clour scheme, the new image is really cute, love how you've put it all together, Judith x

Sandra said...

Hi Sandra...just stunning,love Ruby...hurry up and finish Holly...lol,i love these new images!beautiful paper,and yes i know where you're coming from...i'm a stroker...lol,i sometimes have to buy two,one to look at and one to use!,
Have a lovely weekend
Take care
San x

Jen said...

These images are so cute, I can't wait for you to release them! Gorgeous gift bag and beautiful flowers.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Jen x

Julie said...

lovely, gorgeous colouring

Jilli said...

Absolutely gorgeous bag ... Ruby looks stunning too! Jillix

Mel said...

Sandra, I love your gift bag, just stunning. Hope you are ok ~ Mel x

Donna said...

Beautiful little bag Sandra and well done you for snipping into you Cloud 9 papers, I hope it wasn't too painful. Hazel is a real beauty and you've coloured her perfectly, gorgeous little bad, hust love it :) Donna x

CraftyC said...

This is a gorgeous ox Sandra. You have coloured the image so beautifully and its verybrave of you to cut into those papers. I'ma stroker myself LOL
Clairex

Michelle said...

Simply beautiful Sandra!
x Michelle

Vicki said...

Oh Sandra, this is beautiful, just love the colours and that image is gorgeous.

Vicki x

Jeanette said...

Oh sweetie! This is wonderful. I LOVE this image! Let me know as soon as they are finished because I will have to get them! They are gorgeous!
have a great weekend
Hugs Jeanette

Jeanette said...

It is me again! Can't find your PM so I will leave a comment here!
Just wanted to say thank you for the gorgeous birthday card. I love it. Thanks for your kindess!
Hugs Jeanette

COCO said...

wo Sandra your card is very stunning !!! I love your colours !! and your image is very cute !!!!
good weekend !!!
Hugs COCO

simplyfairies said...

Oh my I adore this Sandra, oh my I agree with San, I must have her!! Can't wait to buy!!

Caroline said...

gorgeous image Sandra she is so cute and I agre the paper is lush how brave of you to cut it lol xx

lisa said...

What a glorious gift bag Sandra. It's far too nice to give to anyone. I know exactly where you're coming from being a fellow paper stroker, although I am getting better at using them.
Love Ruby, she's just gorgeous.

Lisax

Larissa said...

Your gift bag is so pretty Sandra! Love your new image and can't wait to see the x-mas girl!
Hugs,
Larissa