Friday 31 July 2009

Distressing...Simples!

Hi Folks!
Lots happening over on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp this week. The theme is distressing. We dare you to rough up your pristine Digi images. Any technique you would like to use; sanding, sponging and tearing to name a few. We also have our very first GDT. For the month of August we will be joined by the fabulous Jen. Her card, and that of the regular DT are in the 'Hall of Inspiration' ready for your perusal. Lastly, as of this week the challenges will be set fortnightly. So you will have lots more time over the holidays to join in with the fun!
The papers for my card are from the Felicity range by Scribble Scrabble (Fab you'll recognise these) I scrunched up the stripy panel, flattened it out and lightly dusted over it with a black ink pad. I sanded down the edges of my papers too. The image is my own 'Meerkat Simples!' and I have coloured him with copic markers. I added glossy accents to his eyes and nose. The sentiments are cut out of funky foam. The brown letters have been cut with Go Kreate dies and the turquoise with a Quickutz set. A few buttons and some ribbon finish this card off.
I followed the sketch over on The Pink Elephant and the recipe (3 buttons, 2 designer papers and 1 ribbon) on The Saturday Challenge.
Hope you can join in with this fortnights 'Dare'
Sandra x

16 comments:

Donna said...

Fantastic card Sandra, I so love thie meerkat and I love the colours you have used on this card, fab distressing and brill lettering :) Donna x

Cathy said...

Fab fun vcard - love that meerkat!
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Leanne said...

This is fantastic and I absolutely ADORE the image - hahahaha, did make me chuckle.

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Jen said...

Hi Sandra,
Great distressing, I forgot about the scrunch and ink technique, it's so effective! Such a cute image. Gorgeous colour combination and I just love your funky letters.
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Jen x

CraftyC said...

Hello Sandra, love your cards as always. He looks pretty cool and I love his grin. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
Clairexx

Chris said...

Hi Sweetie, Simples is superb and very stately as always with your gorgeous colouring and distressing. Love your card and the gorgeous design too. Would you believe I actually have that paper, thought I recognised it :D. Hugs, Chris xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh this is just gorgeous. Love the rich colours.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire

Larissa said...

Hi Sandra

Great card! Very lovely papers annd I love these foam letters. Must try that! You coloured the meerkat so perfect!

I hope you will be having a lovely holiday and birthday!
See you soon again!
Hugs,
Larissa

lisa said...

Your Meercats are so great Sandra.
They make me smile every time I see them.
Have a great weekend.

Lisax

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Jill said...

wow Fantastic card Sandra, love the image and the DP are gorgeous, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Sandra said...

Fabby card again this week Sandra...love Simples,must get round to using him!,and now i've got your new girls to play with too!sorry back to your card...love your take on the distressing and the papers are gorgeous!,
Have a lovely holiday,
Take care
San x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fantastic card Sandra - love your new images too! Hope you have a fabulous two weeks!

Annie said...

Fabulous card yet again - just love this character.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card!! Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Unknown said...

great detail! thanks for creating with us at tpe!