Monday 25 June 2012

Vintage Typewriter Card


Hi folks!  Here's a card I gave to my Dad for Father's Day.... making it took me right back to my childhood as my Dad, 'Manny', had his own business 'Manny's Typewriter Services' and little shop/workshop of which I spent many a happy hour watching him repair and service typewriters.  I can remember the smell of the oil and noise of the machinery.  Dad's shop got me started on my love of paper and road to creativity!
For this card I made my background by using the stamps from the Sam Poole Vintage Typewriter A5 stamp sheet.  I stamped the alphabet strip onto kraft card with versamark and embossed with clear powder.  I inked the edges.  I stamped the typewriter onto kraft card and cut it out.  I then used a graphics program to print out the sentiment.  I stamped over the sentiment with the typewriter stamp (I cut away the blank rubber from the sheet of paper on the rubber stamp so I could centralise the sentiment)  I cut out paper/sentiment and made a couple of slits on the bar on the typewriter and threaded the paper/sentiment through.  I popped some cream twill tape on the card, topped it with the typewriter and held it in place with the paper clip. 
 I used the fabulous typewriter keys stamps to stamp out the letters onto kraft card.  I cut each one out and used little foam pads to adhere to the card.  I added glossy accents to the letters as a finishing touch.
Ciao for now
Sandra x
Desmet Designs Challenge - For the Men
Love to Create - Anything Goes
Made Especially for you - Heat Embossing
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Eileen said...

Love it! I guess I wasn't the only one with typewriters on her mind this week! I love the vintage feel and the masculinity of the card! Thanks for sharing with us at Made Especially For You!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Great card. I love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Lisa Minckler said...

What a very personalized and memorable Father's Day card. It's so neat to read about what inspires a card. Sounds like wonderful memories and I'm sure your dad LOVES the card. Those typewriter keys look fantastic!

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Hazel said...

It's great, Sandra, I learned to type on a machine like that, if not a bit older!Those were the days. They're much better than computers. Hazel x

Unknown said...

what a darling personalized card. I love vintage typewriters!thanks for joining us this week at MEFY!

Alljazzed2create said...

Love the fathers day card. Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

Michelle said...

A fabulous card Sandra love the picture you create with your story. Keep popping over to see your 'babies' too. One day I'll save up enough to have a little one of my boy made. He was so beautiful when he was a babe despite having downs syndrome.
Hope your well, miss being in touch with you and Chris
x Michelle

Robin said...

Love the card, you did an awesome job on it Thanks for joining us over at MEFY.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Kristy said...

Such a super cute card. I love your embossing and the type writer stamp is too cute! Thanks for joining us over at Made Especially for You. : )

Kristy
www.scraptasticalkreations.blogspot.com

Vee Cassidy said...

so much love and creativity in this wonderful card, Sandra; it shines through. I bet your father loved it. Thank you for joining us at Desmet Designs; good luck in the challenge. Vee xx

Crafty and Green said...

Really Fantastic Card!!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Anything Goes Challenge!! Please Come back & play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Fabulous vintage card. I like the 3d effect of the typewriter and paper.

Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Sandra and so good to look back on your childhood.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Gem x said...

I love your card the typewriter is so effective great work Desmet Design DT xx

Debra Miller said...

This is fabulous Sandra! Love the typewriter and the key letters. Saw it on MIM. Deb

Hazel said...

I'm sure I commented on this card,e arlier this week, to say how much I liked it and how many memories it brought back. I learned to type on a machine like this one! Hazel x

:: BlueInks :: said...

This is a great card. So many ideas and details. It caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing!

Faye said...

Oh Sandra, me likey, me likey a lot. xx